Wow,never have I been moved so much by a movie,but I just did,and the movie was Interstellar. Movie of the year 2014 for me. Very motivated to write a review for it. Gave it 10/10 on imdb and 5/5 on RYM. OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...
I think it's too troublesome to put reviews on different sites so if i write reviews i'll just put it on RYM. https://rateyourmusic.com/list/z4p/movie_ratings_list/
(Spoiler Alert!)
Oh,how can I put into words my feelings for the film,Interstellar,but I will attempt to do so. It's one of the films I wished I watched it in IMAX 3D, rather than a normal screen (+ the closest seats to the screen). I know it's a little excessive to give it 9.5/10,but I love the ideas and thoughts that gone into making this film, that I'll just rate it a pefect score. Do be cautious though, there's a lot of science in this film and I might even try to explain, but first,you have to understand that some of the science in this film are theories and it will inevitably lead to more questions. It's natural to feel this way, because we have no way to prove those theories until we've been there. For example, how can we possibly know that a black hole will lead us into another dimension? Theoretically, it should have torn us apart atom by atom,and ejected into space, but probably the way they portrayed it here is for the sake of the storyline (otherwise it'll be boring to just simply use the wormhole back).
Honestly, my personal opinion is that this movie is such much a science non-fiction movie as well as a science fiction. Why do I say that? Am I not contradicting myself? No, because what is science fiction now to us may not be science fiction to our descendants who might then have the capabilities to go on such missions. What this movie also tries to depict is the seriousness of running out of resources on Earth. While currently it is not as desperate as it is shown on the film, it still drives home a message that we should do more for conservation of our resources and that to harness the resources of other planets require MUCH more resources as well as sacrifices of human lives. This is true as we do not fully understand the dangers of exploring and colonising other worlds. For instance, we could easily be wiped out by a extraterrestrial viruses or bombardment of meteoroids onto our new found world. Another great point I would like to say is that I loved the way they used established science theories and facts to prove a point that might not be noticed or confusing to people. For instance, people might wonder if time itself was uniformed throughout the universe, but it is not,due to Einstein's theory of relativity. For instance, it was mentioned that by the time the lead character returned to look at his daughter in the hospital, his daughter will have been the older than him. The only possible explanation for his daughter to be older than him is that he time travelled into the future. To explain future, Earth time is much faster than time in interstellar space. This is true because Earth orbits the Sun 24 hours a day, but in other planets, the orbits might be longer,and hence making them 'time travel' into the future.
I like how in-depth details as well as the graphics that was seen in the film, it really puts you into perspective of how enormous the things in our universe really is. For instance, they mentioned that it will take them months to get to Mars and years to get to Saturn (earth months and years,of course),and then show the spacecraft with Saturn on the background, huge and majestic as it can be. Plus they even included a centrifugal machine to artificially create gravity to be attached on to their spacecraft to enter the wormhole. Why would they need artificial gravity? It's because the calcium in their bodies will stop producing if they were to be left without gravity and floating around,and they will literally be a pile of flesh without bones (because bone is made up of calcium hydroxyapatite and collagen),and that's why astronauts need gravity/ exercise machines during their stays in outer space. The waves on the first oceanic planet they landed on? Probably caused by gravitational influence from the super massive black hole just like how the moon has influence on Earth's tides.
Another part of the film that really stands out is the emotions being portrayed here. The love the lead character shows for his daughter, the concern about the people on Earth, the instincts for survival that led to the betrayal of Dr. Mann, and seeing the lead character's daughter older than himself, I admit that I teared up at those parts, but it only adds to the positive points of this film. "Love is the one thing that transcends time and space..."
There's one part where I find really rather confusing to understand. It started out when a passing sandstorm came and they retreated into their home, where they then somehow determined the coordinates of a secret NASA base. Of course, once you've finished the film,you'll know that it is the result of interaction between the lead character's daughter's experiences with the 'ghost' when she was young, which in fact was interaction between dimensions. Funny thing is,how is that possible, when time passed on Earth (lead character
's daughter) is faster than time elsewhere in space (lead character),and knowing that it was mentioned in the film that it was impossible to go back in time,only into the future? It's indeed puzzling. With that said though, the thoughts of being in another dimension is really exciting, although we have no idea what other dimensions look like, feel like, how to get there, and so on. We can only assume that if a wormhole really exists,and works the way we think of it as, then we can travel to other parts of the universe,or even another dimension.
there,i wrote all this shit in 2 hours...lmao
No comments:
Post a Comment