After so long, I think it's about time I finally almost completed my first short term goal,and that is to get to the gym. I managed to get to the gym 3 times this week,with my third (bonus) session just done this afternoon. I know I don't have to do it,but the third session is just in case I didn't get to go to the gym for my second session. I think I should start to add more smaller but still a risky task to do now.
I've written a list of things that I've procrastinated during my last therapy session and :
1) Get new spectacles done
- I got the frames gifted to me by my brother 2 birthdays ago,and only now I'm planning to get it done by march. I think I'll do it next week.
2) Learn more about mindfulness
- At first, I wasn't sure if it's useful,but it kind of sink in on me and made me more aware of my thought processes and although it still needs a lot more work,but it's progress.
3) Talk more to my dad
- About 50% to what I expect out of this goal so far, I still hesitate and struggle sometimes,but doing my best to overcome my worries and anxiety
4) Initiate conversations
- Trying to make friends on reddit to carry conversations first and/or start chats with others (probably about 60%? I just have some difficulty in finding things to talk about)
5) Get to the gym
- As said earlier, almost completed or even fully completed, as I don't need to set too high a goal for myself, so I likely will change this goal into keeping fit/losing some weight.
6) Ask friends out
- As a passive person, I struggle immensely to start doing things, and this is just one of countless examples. Planning to start a meet up soon hopefully.
7) Find out more about job opportunities overseas
- Job opportunities in singapore is at it's lowest,plus no one takes in my field of study,so I maintain my initial goal of working overseas, and all that stuff that I said i want to benefit from from working overseas.
8) Personal grooming?
- Feeling ugly, unattractive...not sure what I can do in this area for now...I just never really bother about having a proper hairstyle and I admit because of my accumulated fear,never visited the dentists to polish my teeth. Yes, I know it's embarrassing, but like I said, I never tackled my fear until I started therapy,and it's going to take time too. Clothing wise, I'm just practical about it, preferring to wear clothes I still have than to keep getting new ones, maybe not so fashionable,but it doesn't matter to me,fashion means nothing to me lol.
Sigh...I just wish I had the courage to go on a backpacking trip again. To somewhere cold,maybe say South Korea or Japan, and take lots of scenic photos and explore new places. Not sure if I should spend the money though, and since it's already spring, the cold will be gone by then,I miss the cold :'( I think Japan would be a better country to start with. Seems like it's one of those places couples go to for fun and stuff. Maybe one day if I can visit Japan with a significant other,that would be awesome. I think I'm just daydreaming too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment