04 December 2018

#42

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, but there's really not much to write on. Anyway, today I went to the peer support group session, and it turned out to be alright, we mostly covered stuff that I've already touched on during my individual therapy sessions with my psychologists, and also the group size is just fine for me, there were like 7 of us and the specialist to facilitate the discussions. I guess most of us are shy and hesitant about opening up and that's still fine, but I intended to make my first session more of an observation on how things are being done around and for now, I will make an effort to go for the first few sessions and see what else is being covered, and to also meet new people (but all of us can come whenever we like, so there's bound to be new people in the group). Also some of my peers mentioned that they read self-help books, so I'm glad that they know there's many ways to getting help or finding the things they need to get better.

How many sessions do I need? I don't really know, but I know I can more or less sustain myself with no relapses or setback since like the start of this year? I think the less setback was Christmas, but I know this time round I will have to do better and apply what I've learnt. Of course, I still have my sights on my long term goals, to work overseas. Also, yes, I really really really need to start writing up my trip, because that's what I planned to do but kept procrastinating lol.

No comments: